Sunday, November 6, 2011

Valentino Moves Off Madison Ave!




About two years ago a friend and I were walking down madison when she asked me "if you had to make a bet on what big name on Madison Avenue will close who would it be?" It didn't take me very long to find the answer "Valention" I replied, "the space is so massive I just know how they can hold on."

Well last week, as I was doing my jaunt down madison my jaw dropped and OMG, there it was with paper in the windows, the last emperor has fallen! I had a feeling it was only a matter of time with the economy being in the state its in that Valentino would shut down but to move the collection into a hotel? I do admit its a sad day; but Madison Avenue is a tough customer and only the strong survive and some shops that are on the Avenue don't deserve to be there. So will Valentino will return? Its anybody's guess but I wouldn't make a bet on it.

No comments: