Sunday, September 14, 2014

Jonathan Cohen S/S2015 WINS!


In a recent tweet Bill Cunningham made a reference between fashion and horse racing, and I could not agree more. Those who know me can only attest to my passion for the sport! I was born into the sport of kings.



I discovered Jonathan Cohen some 4-5 years ago at the Gansevort hotel in a cramped room with a WWD photographer , we both shot the entire collection (the rust) collection. Mr. Cohen has been on my radar ever since, like watching a race horse, and for Spring S/S2015 this collection demonstrates his desire to move forward! Seasons before his ladies loved to party, but time marches forward and they have all grown up! The black gold splash dress stands out and his red carpet killer and he's pushing himself into a more sophisticated evening wear via the floor length gowns. His daywear still embodies the artistic side with his black circle pants; but his blue solo geometric splash dress and black cropped coat indicate a more focused direction.

Now granted this is a much different collection from what I have been used to in the past, and the past is just as good, of note "florals on fire". He's in form and he's moving his way through the pack, but for S/S 2015 it's a gate to wire win!
Photos: Jonathan Cohen

No comments: